question

git-oviedo avatar image
git-oviedo asked

Victron 75/15 and sensors

Good morning, I would appreciate a response to this inquiry. I have a small solar cell installation with a 12V battery, whose charge is managed by the Good morning, I would appreciate a response to this inquiry. I have a small solar cell installation with a 12V battery, whose charge is managed by the Vitron 75/15 model. This system directly powers a datalogger and some 4-20mA two-wire sensors. The voltage these sensors can handle is 9-30Vdc. The voltage supplying the Vitron's load varies throughout the day but always stays within the acceptable power supply values for the sensors. After two years of operation, the sensors are starting to malfunction. What could be the problem? Was it correct to power them directly from the Vitron 75/15, or should I have installed a voltage stabilizer? Thank you for your responses

Temperature Sensorsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@git oviedo Was it correct to power them directly from the Vitron 75/15, or should I have installed a voltage stabilizer?

Given the voltage at the load terminals of the mppt is the same as the battery voltage, you would need to look at your battery voltages.

Have a look at the mppt's "detailed history" for the batteries min / max voltages for the day.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic