question

bigbus avatar image
bigbus asked

Cerbo and water pump relay

Hi, I'm new here and really could do with some help.

So I have the Cerbo-s GX and touch 50, I want to use the relay 1 to switch on the water tank pump. It's all connected but when I press the pump button nothind happens to the relay, there is power between the NC and common but nothing bwtween NO and common, it doesn't switch over. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

cerbo gxRelaytouchscreen
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

A sketch of your pump power circuit would be useful.

Did you check that the power required by the pump was within the relay voltage and current limits. Check the datasheet to find these.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigbus avatar image
bigbus answered ·

Yes it's a 12v pump at 4A

2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Are you switching via the software switch?

2 |3000

bigbus avatar image
bigbus answered ·

Trying to yes, thats the plan

2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

So which functions have you set up in the Remote console to do the switching?

2 |3000

bigbus avatar image
bigbus answered ·

Please bare with me here, I am new to this, I don't understand where you mean.

I've switched the relay on to water tank pump, which other settings are needed?

2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

I would disconnect the relay > pump connection temporarily for troubleshooting.

Go to Relay function setting in the console and just switch from Tank pump to Manual (temporarily). So you can then check that the relay is doing what you think it should with a multimeter. If it doesnt switch from the manual setting then there is something wrong with the relay?

2 |3000

Related Resources