question

gjrwebber avatar image
gjrwebber asked

Victron Cerbo GX Pylontech US3000C Safiery Scotty AI 3kw

Hello, I have an existing system with 48v Pylontech US300C lithium batteries connected to Cerbo GX on the BMS-CAN port. The Cerbo GX recognises the batteries fine. I also have a 10kw multiplus connected to the VE-BUS port.

I recently purchased a Safiery Scotty AI 3kw so that I can charge the Pylontech batteries through my 12v system. The very vague instructions say to connect the CANH and CANL cables coming out of the scotty to the CAN network. It doesn't give any details on any specific CAN unit to connect to, that I can see. I tried connecting it to the Cerbo GX's spare BMS-CAN port, but that didn't seem to work. I then tried connecting it to the Cerbo GX's VE-CAN port with and without a CAN terminator, but that didn't seem to do anything either. I tried updated the VE-CAN to 250kbps with no results either (safiery suggested changing pylontechs baud rate to 250, but I couldn't find how to do that, so I tried it in the Cerbo gx).

So far, safiery support has been non-existent, taking days to answer questions with one sentence answers, that don't help at all.

Can anyone shed some light on my issue?

Pylontechgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

I notice that the Scotty user manual does not list Pylontech in their compatibility list (page 8 of the user manual) and "Victron system integration" (page 9) is still listed as "coming later in 2023" so you may just need to wait a while.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gjrwebber avatar image gjrwebber commented ·

That's a start. Thanks! How did you find that manual?

0 Likes 0 ·
gjrwebber avatar image
gjrwebber answered ·

A support person from Safiery just told me that I have to speak to Pylontech. About what I don't know. If the victron system can read data from the Pylontech BMS, shouldn't anything on the CAM network be able to read the data? I guess I just don't know enough about the CAM interface.

2 |3000