question

goon326 avatar image
goon326 asked

Connecting multiplus 12/1600/70 compact to BMV 712-smart and Victron connect

Dear users,

Again a question from me, I think I settled for the following setup:

- Multiplus 12/1600/70 with temperature sensor for battery

- BMV-712 smart with bluetooth

- 75 - 15 MPPT with bluetooth (300W solar panels)

- Orion TR DC-DC 12-12/30 with bluetooth

- 200ah lithium battery with 200A BMS (not from victron)

My question: What is the best way to connect my multiplus to the victron connect app? I read multiple options. And what is the cheapest and which one is the best for me? Bluetooth dongle, or GX and which one then?

I am going to use my multiplus for charging and for my 1000W airfryer, most of the time it will be used once a day for 15 minutes. Am I using the right setup then? (extra question: Does the multiplus need a lot of free space for cooling?)

Kind regards,

goon326

BMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolarVictronConnectorion-tr smartmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Best is to get a Cerbo, probably the S model. This offers integrated control of charging and remote monitoring configuration. Connect all units to the Cerbo with the right cables.

Use Victron Connect with Bluetooth to configure devices as well as monitor performance.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

goon326 avatar image goon326 commented ·
Then I do not need the MK3 anymore?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ goon326 commented ·
The mk3 to USB adapter is useful for advanced programming of the multiplus, firmware updates. I use mine maybe once a year.
1 Like 1 ·
goon326 avatar image goon326 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
So for setup with lithium battery it is useful? Than I will order that aswell.
0 Likes 0 ·
goon326 avatar image
goon326 answered ·

And how do I connect my MPPT and BMV to the Cerbo? Does this goes via bluetooth or via a cable? And do I need a GX Touch with the Cerbo? Or can I see the information that is on the screen also in the victron connect app?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Use cables if you can, usually VE Direct.

Screen optional, all settings/reports are available via the app.

1 Like 1 ·
goon326 avatar image
goon326 answered ·

Does anybody know if the 35mm2 cables that are connected to the Multiplus 12/1600/70 are enough to use the full capacity of the DC/AC converter? Or should I connect 50mm2 cables?

2 |3000