question

mapryan avatar image
mapryan asked

No load pulling from inverter

Hi

I had installed a Multiplus II 48/5000/70 with 3 x 5kWh batteries installed but it's not working. I can charge the batteries ok but when I switch the unit over to Inverter mode nothing happens. I've attached a diagram of the installation below - is the issue that the ET112 is in the wrong place?

(Just realised there should also be a line from the batteries to the GX for the BMS)

Thanks

Mike

Power.jpeg

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxbattery
power.jpeg (38.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
AC in and AC out from the inverter are different connections - This is not shown on your diagram. The inverter outputs power on a different connector than AC in.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

What "role" is the ET112 defined as in the device list? I am guessing that you are trying to set up an ESS system to charge the batteries at cheap rate and discharge the batteries at peak rate?
The inverter can be used in several ways depending on whether your loads are on AC IN or AC OUT. As Mike says above the detail of the wiring is not clear?
From the diagram as stands then the heat pump can get as much power as it needs from the grid via the 2nd consumer unit. I think what you are wanting to do is treat the "grid" side of the 2nd consumer unit as controlled by the ESS system? But, I don't know for sure....? If that is the case then the ET112 needs to be before the 2nd consumer unit (ie grid side). Then the Multiplus can be used with just AC IN, and the meter defined as a "grid" meter so that you can set the control point in the ESS console menu? But all the above is conjecture without more detail....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.