question

Matthias Fuchs avatar image
Matthias Fuchs asked

Pylontech charge current limit not applied

Hello folks,

I have a multiplus II 3000 (firmare v3.10) with two pylontech US2000C.

The pylontech BMS states that the "charge current limit" (CCL) is 50A but my multiplus never seems to go beyond 25A.

Initially I only had one battery and therefore I set 25A in VEConfig (charger / charge current). I tried to increase this value to 50 but cannot go beyond 35 in VEConfig.

I'm not even sure if it is really used, if a pylontech BMS is connected via CAN bus.

In the DVCC setting I played around with the "maximum charge current" setting, but this seems to be only applied if below 25A.

As far as I understand it, one pylontech should be only charged with up to 25A, but 2 can be charged with 50A. The BMS seems to send this information to the MP. But the MP seems to ignore this.

Is there some other setting that I missed?

Hope you can help me :-)

cheers Matthias

Multiplus-IIPylontechcharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jonofe avatar image
jonofe answered ·

Maximum charge current of a Multiplus II 48/3000/35 is 35A.

You would need a Multiplus II 5000 ist you would like to charge up to 70A.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Fuchs avatar image Matthias Fuchs commented ·
But why does it seem to never go beyond 25A? Even if enough PV power is available?
0 Likes 0 ·
gazza avatar image gazza Matthias Fuchs commented ·
Is this an ESS system?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Matthias Fuchs commented ·

The Pylontechs should be linked with the supplied data cables. A Victron type A cable is needed between the master Pylontech and the GX device. Set up like this the GX device will show external control and the Pylontechs will control charging.

Check here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

0 Likes 0 ·
jamesstubberfield avatar image
jamesstubberfield answered ·

Make sure you don't have 'Weak AC input' enabled in VE.config, or this can reduce the charge current available. If the Pylon CCL value is 50A, and you have set the Multiplus-II charging current to 35A (its max), then you should get 35A as long as you have a sufficiently high enough AC input current limit to cover the 1800W needed for charging, and any other AC output loads.

2 |3000