question

sonnenflo avatar image
sonnenflo asked

Despite enough voltage at the PV input, no charge [solved]

I have a Victron MPPT 250/60 - TR charge controller and it worked really fine since more of one year, yesterday briefly at the PV input plus and minus disconnected, since I have re-routed the supply line, plus and minus reconnected and since then the MPPT tracker no longer shows input voltage. When I disconnect the plus and minus, I have 130 volts on both cables, I clamp them to the MPPT tracker and measure the voltage of 0.03V. The strange thing is, then another PV module, which is not used by me, connected and there the tracker then worked. Does anyone know the problem ?

battery charginginput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Make sure that the polarity is correct. Other than that, if the + and - pv cables touched while you were rerouting you might have blown the diodes in the panels. With bad diodes it's possible to show voltage with no load.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sonnenflo avatar image
sonnenflo answered ·

I have found the solution to my problem. As already stated above in the problem description, I had a voltage of 130 at the cable, I clamped both wires to the Victron charge controller, I then only got a voltage of 0.03 volts. The cable I have measured through, and otherwise I have also checked everything and as also already written, it worked with a temporary cable. So since I really tested everything, I tried the last option, which I have not yet tried: I cut both MC4 connectors from the original cable, which were plugged into the MC4 connectors of the PV modules, and lo and behold, the charge controller was able to do something again. The MC4 connector was the reason, in the plugged state has not worked properly.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic