question

James Pitstock avatar image
James Pitstock asked

VRM portal recently added my grid connected PV inverter to my off-grid setup

I have a grid connected system with a Fronius PV inverter (3 phase) and a separate off-grid system with a multiplus ii GX single phase. My off-grid setup has been displayed perfectly for a year in the VRM portal but just recently my grid connected PV inverter appeared in the VRM portal and it was shown as being AC coupled which it definitely is not. Now all my data is skewed tremendously. I like the fact that I can now see the PV production on my grid system from the portal but how do you change it so it is not showing as being coupled to my off-grid system?

VRMFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@James Pitstock

It probably just found in on the same network. They are set up in the GX to search for them.

On the GX, there is a way in the menus to give it the position in the set up.

However the data will still be skewed if they are not on the same system. Especially if it is not feeding the inverter. In your case it would probably be best to switch off the AC PV connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

James Pitstock avatar image
James Pitstock answered ·

Thank you for your reply Alexandra. I will probably remove the Fronius device from GX and go back to the Fronius app to view grid connected PV generation. I do like the victron app more.

2 |3000