question

solarsam avatar image
solarsam asked

Pylontech US5000 No Comms

Hi team

Have a comms issue with EasySolar-II GX and Pylontech US5000. Have done quite a few installs with these and never had this issue.

Briefly had comms between batteries and inverter and could see BMS in device list, however quickly read “disconnected” after this. At this point I decided to ‘clear all disconnected devices’ and try to reconnect, after which I cannot regain comms between devices now at all.

Have checked CAN cable, run new cable to be sure, re-terminated, reset CCGX, changed CAN profile many times to be sure and still cannot reestablish comms at all. Looking in CAN info I can see “ERROR-PASSIVE”, have also seen “ERROR-ACTIVE” at times but being an electrician and not an IT guy I don’t know a lot about CAN profiles and what it all means.

At a stand still now as I’ve not had such difficulties with comms connections before.

Any help greatly appreciated. Pic of CAN info attached

PylontechEasySolar All-in-One
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@SolarSam

Make sure your can terminator is in properly. Have you left pins 1-3 empty on the cable?

Your next step is to try the battery on a different GX. (With a different or known working cable on a different GX.) Or the inverter with a different battery.

You need to rule out if it is a battery with the issue

Or the cable and connection issue.

Or a GX issue.

A further thought - what rj45s did you use sheilded or not?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Are you using CAN Bus type A or Type B?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.