question

janvd avatar image
janvd asked

Off-Grid - Multiplus II GX and Pylontech/Liontron

I want to build an offgrid system that mainly will be used during the summer.

Briefly outlined:

Energy generation, storage:

• Phoenix Combi 12V / 1600W (we already have)
  • 4x PV panel 300W
  • MPPT 250/100
  • Car battery 12V 45Ah

Consumers:

• Waterpump 1 phase 800W - 230V, 1h/d during summer
  • Intrusion detection (SMS module ca 5W, 24h/7d)

The system will be placed in a gardenshed.

The following questions come to mind:

1. On a sunny day, will the power flow directly from the MPPT to the inverter?
  2. Plans to a future upgrade to a 48V system. I made calculations for the battery pack and the result was a 4x 12V-110Ah Gel battery combination. This was based on the rule which limits the maximum charge and discharge currents in regards to their expected lifetime. For this 48V system i need 3 battery balancers, which have their costs. My friend google found the Pylontech or Liontron LiFePo rack system. These systems have an integrated BMS. Can I use the Multiplus II GX or EasySolar II GX for the communication with the BMS of the rack battery? Or do I need an seperate GX device. And what power consumption is to be expected from this GX device.
  3. Do I need in regard with the future, buy the MPPT with ve.can functionality for communication with battery rack?
  4. Shouldn't Victron upgrade their MPPT's to higher voltages? I understand that more PV-panels on a string is a better choice. 250V seams limited to me for future design, if compared to AC-grid inverters.
Multiplus-IIMPPT ControllersPylontechEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

1)The power from the mppt goes directly to the battery.

2) if the inverter is marked GX you do not need a separate GX device.

3) a ve.can Will help you connect vecan device together and not occupy a ve.direct on the GX device.

4) victron is launching a 450 V Mppt in December (I think)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joanes-banko avatar image joanes-banko commented ·

Do I need to connect pylon can RJ45 wire to Multi plus II GX 48/5000/70 or to Smart 250/10/70 tr ve can? Can I find somewhere connection scheme for this three products?

Thank you very much for answer...

0 Likes 0 ·