question

pamapama avatar image
pamapama asked

Connect two GX devices to one battery via

Can I connect two GX devices to one battery using a RJ45 splitter?

cerbo gxBMSVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Might be better off just daisy chaining them. No idea what other issues that may cause with two on the same bus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pamapama avatar image
pamapama answered ·

Could you explain what you mean by daisy chain them?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
CAN is a single bus that you attach multiple endpoints to.

So, depending what model GX you have, you would have a terminator on the battery side, connect the BMS to the first BMS CAN port on cerbo1, then connect the second BMS CAN port to BMS CAN port 1 on Cerbo 2 and a terminator in the remaining port.

In theory that should work, but never tried it myself, nor could I say what the effect of two GX's on the same bus might be.

0 Likes 0 ·
pamapama avatar image
pamapama answered ·

Yes daisy chaining the GX devices BMS Can port is like using a splitter cable. I am concerned about the software side - will it work?

2 |3000