question

Ivar Wagle avatar image
Ivar Wagle asked

REC Q BMS-Can port Error

Greetings,

I have a REC Q BMS on a 48V system, connected to one of the BMS-Can Port. The other is terminated. There is nothing on the Can-bus connections.

In the The Settings --> Services --> BMS-Can Port it shows up on Can-bus BMS (500 kbit/s), however under network Status it shows an error: State ERROR ACTIVE (TEC: N/A, REC: N/A).See image. I have nothing connected to the non-BMS Can-bus inputs.

recbms.jpg

cerbo gxBMSVE.Can
recbms.jpg (54.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
aproape avatar image
aproape answered ·

Hi Ivar,

ERROR-ACTIVE is the normal status for a correct/successful BMS-CAN connection. You also have no dropped packets (good) nor any other errors packets (good).

Do you see the batteries in the main menu? Can you access that menu and check the voltage, number of modules, etc?

(Yes the word 'ERROR' is a bit misleading.. however ACTIVE is good.. PASSIVE is not).

Cheers,
Alexander M.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ivar Wagle avatar image Ivar Wagle commented ·
Thanks! I have access to battery info trhough the screen/console both in the menu through REC-BMS battery, BMV & Multiplus II and in the graphics in pages.

There wera a problem with low charging current from generator, but I don't think that had anything to do with this misunderstanding.

Tahanks!

0 Likes 0 ·