question

ginesvadillo avatar image
ginesvadillo asked

Can you connect a Seplos BMS 48V 100A 16s directly to a Cerbo GX?

Hello!

I am trying to connect my new 48V battery to the Cerbo GX to see the state of charge in my Victron touch. I did the can connections following both manuals, and I have tested the terminals.

GND

CAN-L

CAN-H

CERBO GX

SEPLOS BMS

3/6

VICTRON TYPE A BMS

VICTRON TYPE B BMS

I see 2.5V in both can H and can L terminals, any idea of why I am not receiving any datas in my Cerbo GX?

cerbo gxBMSVE.Can
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented ·

You might want to watch Andy’s video about that

https://youtu.be/_FYkcLgJ_yc

he has done more of those, some about cables and some about settings. In short, it’s a mess. Good luck with Seplos.

1 Like 1 ·
mariner62 avatar image mariner62 commented ·

For anyone trying to hook up a Cerbo to the SEPLOS BMS by CANBus, please note that the pinouts in the OP table do not work. The OP and the SEPLOS Manual state that CANL is pin 4 and CANH is pin 5. This is in fact reversed, and pin 5 is actually CANL and Pin 4 is CANH.

This is the reason that @Gregor found that the Type A Victron cable works, and I'm guessing that the Type B cable will also work, although I have personally tried neither of these.

I wired the connection manually as follows:

SEPLOS CERBO SIGNAL

Pin 3 ----- Pin 3 GND

Pin 4 ------ Pin 7 CANH

Pin 5 ------ Pin 8 CANL

This works.

Wiring as per the SEPLOS manual does not work.

I'm guessing a bunch of folks have dealt with this problem, but I could not find it documented anywhere. So here it is :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
banne avatar image banne mariner62 commented ·

How stupid is this, I complained to Seplos about this and they said they will change the manual. You have one fckn job and still its switched around. Can confirm also this is the problem. After switching wires it worked right away

1 Like 1 ·
5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

First of all, Seplos is not officially supported, see the battery compatibility list for currently supported brands:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

However, this thread has some information which might be useful to you:
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/70005/seplos-48v-100ah-energy-storage-battery-compatibil.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gregor avatar image
gregor answered ·

@GinesVadillo

I use a original Victron VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable

Works perfectly, make sure that the BMS which is connected to the Cerbo has ALL DIP switches on OFF
batterydata2022-08-24-3.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

jeanmarie avatar image jeanmarie commented ·
Hi @Gregor, i'm curious about the model for your seplos BMS and the selected Canbus protocol?

as mine (selecting Vic / sma protocol) didn't report cell voltage neither temperature

0 Likes 0 ·
gregor avatar image
gregor answered ·

Hi @jeanmarie the version I have installed is 2.8 see image below

batterydata2022-08-24-8.jpg

batterydata2022-08-24-2.jpg

batterydata2022-08-24-6.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Gregor and thank you for your feedback

we do have obviously different product as yours is recognized as "LBSA SmartBMS" and tagged as BMS100310B, when mine is signaled by Cerbo as "SHEnergy" and as part model 1101-SP16 from Battery Monitor 2.1.8

I will anyhow ask Seplos if there is a firmware update for my hardware

0 Likes 0 ·
gregor avatar image
gregor answered ·

@jeanmarie I do not know how many different BMS Seplos has but the BMS records to the Cerbo has changed every time when I updated the firmware from "LG Resu" to "!" to "SHEnergy" and now it shows "LBSA SmartBMS"

the nHW i have is:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Seplos-8S-16S-100A-24-48V_1600290465490.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.12.139d5295tpehDe

1 comment
2 |3000

@Gregor , Yes it's almost the same than mine (I have 200A models).

I also had "LG REsu" in the Cerbo interface, but it was with the default CAN protocol selected from Seplos BatteryMonitor software which was pylontech.

After selecting the right protocol (Victron) and uploading it to all my batteries they change their recognized name to SHEnergy and I got the confirmation by my Seplos contact that this was the right procedure.

Have you ever selected and downloaded any protocol from BatteryMonitor to your battery ?

0 Likes 0 ·
gregor avatar image
gregor answered ·

@jeanmarie I have already updated the CAN firmware 3 times. Using the Seplos SW to upload the xx.ehex file to the BMS and then of course select the right CAN protocol in the top right corner. The latest Vicron Version that works for me (finally) fine is the 2.8

The CAN firmware file:

CAN1101[FW28-DFSET_VC03_210916](定制victron&SMA).ehex

firmware-updating.pdf (556.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

zipoman avatar image zipoman commented ·
Please share fw with us, Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
jeanmarie avatar image jeanmarie zipoman commented ·
The best is to contact your dealer who should able to provide this kind of file to you.

Worst case : try to contact Seplos on their homepage

I don't think Victron, by making this community forum, ever intend to become a new shared files host.

0 Likes 0 ·