Hello!

I have the following Victron configuration:

• SmartSolar Charger MPPT 75/15
  • SmartShunt 500A
  • Cerbo GX
  • MultiPlus 12/1600/70-16
  • VeBus BMS V2
  • Oriion DC/DC 12/30A

I have some problems with the configuration of my Orion DC/DC, I have a Pegeout Boxer model 2022 motorhome with Smart alternator.

The first time I had connected the orion with the wire bridge as Standard and the engine stop detection activated, the problem was that based on the detection threshold set in victron connect that was activated based on the voltage of the engine battery, the problem that the battery with the smart alternatore never or hardly ever reaches 14 volts so the orion hardly charged.

I have connected it as in figure 1 (Engine Shutdown det. override), now the orion always charges until it reaches the charge limit entered in the app with input voltage blocking parameters, which is an unsatisfactory because it continued to charge even with the engine switched off until it reached the set lock value..

it is also written in the instructions "if the ignition switch in figure 4 is switched off, the charger will return to "engine shutdown detection" mode, it will not turn off the charger."

Now if I connect as in figure 2 the bms is no longer connected and cannot disable the charger if needed for example if the temperature is below 5 degrees...

do you have any ideas how to do this?

I want when I turn on the engine the orion charges and when it turns off it also turns off.

Thanks

screenshot-2023-07-18-182133.jpg

screenshot-2023-07-18-182156.jpg

screenshot-2023-07-18-17-47-33-609-comvictronenerg.jpgscreenshot-2023-07-18-17-47-12-846-comvictronenerg.jpgscreenshot-2023-07-18-17-47-20-604-comvictronenerg.jpg

screenshot-2023-07-18-17-47-25-237-comvictronenerg.jpg

orion-tr smartmultiplus ve.busalternatorsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Why didn't you just lower the Start Voltage parameter to match your alternator?
Make it lower than 14.0 volts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Diriye Amey avatar image
Diriye Amey answered ·

Because if I set it lower it charges even when the engine is off,

The battery even when the engine is running often stays at the same voltage when it is off. The alternator smart charges and only raises the voltage when the vehicle requires it...this is to lower the diesel consumption.

And if you don't force the orion to demand 30 amper the alternator doesn't raise the voltage and engine RPM and the Orion remains turned off...

Greetings

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

For wiring LH, suggest a switched feed from ignition, wired to H pin only. No bridge.

2 |3000