question

wandering-albatross avatar image
wandering-albatross asked

How to Remove Cerbo-S from "Other Devices" List

We recently added a Cerbo-S to our Victron system. On VictronConnect Android phone application, the Cerbo is both showing up in "My Devices" and "Other Devices".

The Cerbo appears to be working fine, but I don't know how to remove it from the "Other Devices" list. There are no other devices on the "Other Devices" list besides the Cerbo. I have tried a Cerbo reboot and reinstalling the phone application so far with no success.

Should I manually reset the Cerbo or is there a better next step? Is this a known software bug? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

cerbo gxVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wandering-albatross answered ·

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wandering-albatross answered ·

I ended up using a MicroSD card to factory reset the Cerbo. I followed the instructions below and it appears to have worked.

How to reset a GX device to factory default settings:

1.Download the venus-data.tgz file.

2.Copy the venus-data.tgz file onto a blank, freshly formatted FAT32 USB-drive/SD card (don't unpack or unzip that file, don't rename it).

3.Boot with the USB-drive/SD card inserted and wait until the GX device has fully started up.

4.Remove the USB-drive/SD card from the GX device.

5.Power cycle the device, or as an alternative and when available, use the Reboot function in the Settings → General menu.

This will reset the settings on the GX device to their factory defaults.

2 |3000