question

philtao avatar image
philtao asked

Blue solar MPPT: cannot connect to Cerbo GX and use VictronConnect?

I have a very simple setup on a boat:

• Multiplus
  • Blue solar MPPT + bluetooth dongle on Ve.direct
  • BMV702 + Ve.direct to USB cable
  • Bluetooth remote voltage and temperature sensor

I just added a Cerbo GX: the Ve.direct ports of MPPT and BMV702 are now connected to Cerbo GX and I can no longer access those with VictronConnect (without physically switching cables - which is not an option as the MPPT is difficult to reach).

How do I view and adjust parameters of MPPT and BMV? I guess there must be a way... but I have not found it yet. Can someone point me in the right direction? (my expectation was to access MPPT and BMV settings with either VictronConnect through the Cerbo GX, or better directly on the remote console)

cerbo gxVictronConnectVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you need to change the settings of the MPPT and BMV everyday?

Your Cerbo has to be online and connected to the VRM portal, then you can use VictronConnect remotely.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victonconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philtao avatar image
philtao answered ·

Thanks, just what I expected, but did not find...

2 |3000

Related Resources