question

claus avatar image
claus asked

How do I get "AC Load" on my Dashboard?

"AC load" and "Generator" is switched!

How do I correct this?
(firmware upgrade, 3.00, don't change anything ;o)

vrm-view.png

I don't have a generator in my setup

devicelist.png

The energy ET340 is correctly displayed in device list.

The question goes to VRM, not Cerbo GX.

AC-load works perfectly on Cerbo.

Victron ET340 is being sold to connect third party inverter to cerbo and it works perfect.

Let's turn this conversation back to the original question!

Can you explain to me why it is not an error that VRM shows non-existing equipment?

What is the logic in that an energy meter can be configured as 'AC-load' in cerbo but does not work in VRM?

VRMbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @claus

Those VRM dashboard calculations are based on information that is provided by a Victron Inverter/Charger.

If a system doesn't have a Victron Inverter/Charger it will not display AC input and AC output power correctly in VRM.

We fairly recently added the ability to configure energy meters as AC load meters (previously we just supported AC PV inverter and generator meters).

This wasn't designed to completely replace the values provided by the Victron inverter/charger. Only to provide a way to monitor and log sub-circuit loads which are visible in the advanced section of VRM.

It will not be possible to replace the values provided by a Victron Inverter Charger with energy meters to get a perfectly working VRM.

It is a known limitation, and one that we aren't going to put any time into, as there are lots of other more important features and improvements we want to make to VRM first.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources