question

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas asked

Connecting to cerbo ap

This is kind of a strange question so I'm not sure if it really belongs in modifications or not, but none the less...

Is it possible to connect external devices to the access point of the cerbo and communicate via modbus tcp to those devices connected via the ap? Scenario is that I have 3 external relay modules connected to wireless lan (same lan that cerbo is connected to) that are controlled via node red and modbus tcp. If the lan goes down for any reason I lose communication with the relay modules obviously. If it is possible to connect them directly to the cerbo ap this would be a better solution. I'm wondering if the cerbo ap is only for remote access to the gui or if it is fully functional?

cerbo gxNode-REDModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Followup answer to my own question, just in case anyone else is interested.

I decided why not just jump in and experiment, what could go wrong? (Famous last words before catastrophic failure usually ensues). I enabled the AP onboard the cerbo, then manually configured each of 3 dingtian relay modules to use the cerbo AP with a static IP address in the 172.24.24.xxx range of the AP so that if anything did actually work, there wouldn't be problems with obtaining different IP addresses after a reboot. Then I changed the modbus tcp server addresses in node red to match the newly assigned IP addresses of the relay boxes. Reboot and everything seems to be working without a hitch. I'm going to run it this way for a while and if I have any issues I will report back here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.