question

P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image
P.H.J. Sibbing asked

How do I download VRM energy data reporting

statusreportlastmonth 5-2023-A.pdfdownload1-6-2023.pdfstatusreportlastmonth 5-2023-A.pdfclipboard01.jpgIn the VRM console there is a function of creating a report with the data collected/stored by Victron.

The only report i can generate is a currency and only as PDF.

What about energy values, KWH/Year-Month-Day-Hour per mesure point?

On the main panel you can chose/select a period, but the data can not be extracted from the site in a format, that can be used in other apllications.

FIMER (successor of Power-one and ABB), has a identical dashboard. The data which is visualised, can be exported in CSV format and stored and/or copied in another spreadsheet for further analysis.

Another FIMER option is to “generate “ a report for which a Http-Link is send each end-of-the-month for to be downloaded.

vrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @P.H.J. Sibbing

It is possible to download every datapoint in VRM from the advanced page using the cloud download button.

img-5685.jpeg

img-5685.jpeg (351.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adu-prosper avatar image adu-prosper commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , Suppose I have 50 sites on VRM, and I need to download a daily production report (with daily measurement points) for all sites in xlsx format. How can I do this?

1 Like 1 ·

Hi @Adu Prosper,

The answer to this depends on exactly what kind of data you want.

The most straight forward way is with this download feature on the installation overview page

cleanshot-2024-05-11-at-111540.jpg

You can then select a date range, and get the production data in an .XLS file.

cleanshot-2024-05-11-at-111327.jpg

This method is not (yet) an automated process. You will need to go into VRM and click buttons, OR set up an automated script on your end.

There is an open VRM feature request to schedule this automatically as part of the VRM interface, but there is no timeline to deliver that yet, and it is still very early so I would not expect it in 2024.

If you need something that is automated, then I would suggest the next best method would be via the VRM API.

The documentation for the VRM API is here. This method will require development effort on your side though, support from Victron is limited, and best accessed via the Modifications Community.

1 Like 1 ·
P.H.J. Sibbing answered ·

With your answer, you can delete my question

2 |3000

P.H.J. Sibbing answered ·

Is there a manual ? or instruction video, because you have( i Think) to make custom widgets to extrac the relevant data as the amount given ( last month) is TOOO much to make a usefull analyses.

it's more for tracking a failure or error.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic