question

bob-kookaburra avatar image
bob-kookaburra asked

2x Smart shunt IP65, Quattro II and Cerbo GX

The new Smart Shunts IP65 (1 for 600Ah Service bank and 1 for 110Ah starter battery) work well through the Bluetooth App Android connection. However when connected by the Victron VE.Direct extension cable they lost connection n the Cerbo GX. In the VRM portal, they show in the Device list but lost contact 20 hours and 2 days ago. What is causing this? And how to reconnect?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

Hi did you fix this?

In this thread a similar issue, did you try a reboot of the Cerbo?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bob-kookaburra answered ·

No. I expect that the 5-meter VE.Direct cables are causing the trouble. I have ordered a new one to test it.

2 |3000

bob-kookaburra answered ·

Exchanged 2 cables and somehow is one Shunt now connected to the Cerbo GX. The other is still not working for 4 days now. Bluetooth is working well. I'm expecting that the SmartShunt IP65 is causing the trouble.

2 |3000