question

kuri avatar image
kuri asked

EM24 to Cerbo using rs485 to USB over 30M run

Hey im having issues with energy meter not appearing in device list and think comms cable is the problem. Initially an ET340 meter was used but with constant drop outs has caused the client major issues. I was instructed to replace it with an EM24 suspecting faulty meter but that wont show up in the device list and further investigation leads me to believe that the cat5 connecting to rs485 between cerbo and meter is the issue, its a 30meter run and is also run inside the same conduit as AC, not good at all!

I will re-run cat cable but have read I need to use a 120ohm resistor at the meter side between 41 and 42 as well as connect green to orange and brown to yellow of the rs485 cable.

Anyone has a long run like this from cerbo to EM24? Or perhaps I re-run comms and try the ET340 again.

Thanks!

cerbo gxEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
stromhamster avatar image
stromhamster answered ·

The ET340 runs over 50m CAT6 to USB, only use PIN 8 - 9 - 10 no 120 Ohm resistor required.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.