question

aston avatar image
aston asked

Multiplus II Grid and Generator switch over

Hi, I have searched options on how to do this but none of the seem to fit what I’m trying to achieve.

I have:

Multiplus II 12/3000

Cerbo GX & touch screen

Lynx smart shunt and distributor

2x 220Ah AGM batteries

These are installed within a box trailer which we use for racing karts, basically transport and accommodation for when we camp at the track and somewhere to cook & eat.

I have some 230v outlets plus DC Distribution serving lights, compressor, 12v outlets etc. AC inlet rated at 16A for connecting either grid or generator dependant on what’s available.

Sometimes we will have a grid hookup available, other times we will have to use a generator ideally via auto start assistant so need to have flexibility on power source.

I’m wanting to be able to use either a physical switch via one of the digital inputs or a switch on the touchscreen to swap between grid and generator modes.

Mode 1 - If grid is available we plug in and select grid on the switch, the MP then passes AC through and charges the batteries, with AC current limited to 16A.

Mode 2 - no grid connection is available then we plug in the generator, the MP then runs inverter from batteries and auto starts the generator when required via generator assistant - eg low soc, high load etc. As the generator is only rated at 3kva then the AC current is limited to 13A.

I know there is an assistant to switch the current limits via a digital input but I can’t find anything that will change the priorities between AC and DC sources.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Multiplus-IIGeneratorgridshorepowergenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

A Quattro or a Quattro II Inverter charger would do this for you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigbadbob76 avatar image
bigbadbob76 answered ·

You can set the multiplus to ignore ac input if a digital input is closed (generator mode) but do not ignore it if SOC is less than say 50%. (use generator)

it might take a bit of fiddling to get that to coincide with genny auto start but is doable.

2 |3000