question

baronner avatar image
baronner asked

Use of Generator in a Quattro/ESS installation

I installed a new Quattro II and a Cerbo. Generator is connected to ACin1, Grid/shore to ACin2.

In normal (non-ESS-mode), the Quattro switches perfectly between generator-feed and shore-feed. I have to disable the UPS-function with VEConfigure to get this working properly. But I want to use ESS.

With the ESS-assistant installed and configured in 'Keep batteries Charged'-mode the Quattro recognizes when there is a feed-in of the Generator. The grid then disconnects, but there is no pick-up of the generator-feed. Although the generator feed is very stable (231,5V, 50,5hz), the Quattro remains in inverter-mode.

I followed the steps in het Multiplus Generator FAQ, but no luck. I also disabled LOM on AC1.

What am I doing wrong? Can it be the disabling of the UPS-function? This is not possible anymore when a Grid-code (needed for ESS) is selected... Any other ideas?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSGenerator
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Baronner

Try swapping the generator to ac2.

What grid code are you using for ess?

0 Likes 0 ·
baronner avatar image baronner Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your reply. Generator on AC2 doesn't solve the problem. I use the European Grid code.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
baxter avatar image
baxter answered ·

Assuming it is the same software for Multiplus II and Quattro II (just an additional ACin), it will work with disabled ESS, grid code none and UPS off.

You can try to change the maximum Frequency of your Grid Code. 50,5Hz provided by the Gen would be to hight at least for my Grid Code to sync with it.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baronner avatar image baronner commented ·

Changing the minimum and maximum frequency to 48,5 respectively 53 did the trick! Thank you for this answer!

I can't change this for both inputs of the Quattro, not individually. So when I change this, I'll change this not only for the Generator-input, but also for the Grid-input...

Is this save to do so?

0 Likes 0 ·
mrfrodo avatar image mrfrodo baronner commented ·
Your trick works with combined ESS?
1 Like 1 ·
renne avatar image
renne answered ·
2 |3000

Robert Riebli avatar image
Robert Riebli answered ·

@renne Firmware 501 !

2 |3000

baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

Firmware 501 and higher solves the issue!

2 |3000