question

davecason avatar image
davecason asked

Newbie question about a Smart Shunt

Hi, The older smart shunt in my system and it works fine. I can view it on my phone whenever I like.

However, I'd like to see it on my PC as well - the PC does have Bluetooth and it has been turned on and then paired with the shunt.

I then downloaded Victron Connect and ran it, it runs but it says it can't see anything then on the next page after I click: "Don't see the product you were looking for?"

The first line says: No Bluetooth on Windows

Bluetooth connection from a Windows device is not supported. Use appropriate .......

So I guess there is no way to use Bluetooth on my PC to view the data in the shunt? I can't find a copy of the manual for the shunt, at least not yet so I can't RTFM yet.

Is there a way to get the Victron Connect program on my PC to see the shunt?

Cheers'
Dave

SmartShuntVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@davecason Is there a way to get the Victron Connect program on my PC to see the shunt?

Sure you can connect your Smart Shunt to a computer. You wil need a Ve Direct to usb cable as linked in the Smart Shunt manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You should NOT pair the shunt in the bluetooth control panel. Go there and forget the device and try again in VictronConnect.

2 |3000

davecason avatar image
davecason answered ·

HI,

Yep I got a copy of the manual and I ordered a: VICTRON ENERGY ASS030530010 VE.Direct to USB interface - it will arrive in a few days. I'll get it plugged up and in to the PC and try the software then !!

I did also remove the Shunt in the Bluetooth settings but the Victron Connect software still can't see it, it's happy enough on my phone but no joy on the PC, I need that cable !

Thanks for the help !

Cheers'

Dave

2 |3000

marcve avatar image
marcve answered ·

It is possible your PC is to far away from the smartshunt. Range of the smartshunt is rather "weak".

2 |3000