question

kyle-radack avatar image
kyle-radack asked

Victron BMV 700 Flashing Backlight and Firmware Update Failure

My Victron BMV 700 battery monitor started having flashing backlight issues. When I press the setup and select button at the same time I get the error code bL 1.02. I looked online through several others with this same issue and found that they had faulty fuses going to the battery or bad connections with the shunt and I looked at these on my setup and everything looks to be in order. Other posts said that I should update the firmware. I am not able to connect through bluetooth when the monitor is in this state so I ordered the cable that connects to my computer. I am able to find the device in my devices list on my Victron Connect app but only when the backlight is not flashing. Only when the error code is up am I able to see the device on the app. It states that it needs a firmware update but never gets past 93% without failing. At this point the loading bar stops and the monitor begins flashing again. Update fails and comes up with a D93 error code which then tells me to power cycle the monitor. I do this and the same process repeats itself. I have seen others say they tried updating and after many tries it goes through but I have tried well over a few dozen times now without any success. Is there something I'm missing in these forums about this issue?

BMV Battery MonitorVictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds as if you have tried everything. So you'll need to contact your dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.