question

unckdecamp avatar image
unckdecamp asked

Good USB Hub for CCGX with low power draw or Relay shutoff for inverter?

I use a CCGX, BMV-702, 3 MPPT's, and 1 USB wifi dongle.

Since there are only 2 VE direct and 2 usb ports, I need a usb hub to get my 5th connection point.

Currently, I have a crappy AC powered usb hub on the old phoenix inverter (That doesn't have ve direct port, Insert angry face) and the inverter is in ECO mode.

The USB hub is the only AC load on my boat, and I only really need it to send the wifi to check the system.

Is it possible to use the relay on CCGX or BMV to turn off phoenix inverter using it's remote port at night, when I don't need to check the wifi?

Or should I just find a low powered USB hub that runs on DC? (Does anyone have any recommendations?)

Every night, my BMV says 100% but the AC inverter is powering the USB hub through the night, and it uses about 2% of the bank and 96 watts. Is this slowly killing my batteries? Should I not be worried about this daily 2% discharge?

Thanks,

Mark

CCGX Color ControlPhoenix InverterVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Digitus 4 port spider USB hub is quite good. It uses a SMSC chipset which is one of my personal favourite USB hub chipsets.
The Digitus is powerd by the upstream USB port and can be powered by an external power source if the upstream USB power is insufficient.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·

I'm using the attached on multiplus-ii (only has 1x usb port)and seems to be working OK to connect to 1x USB - rs485- et112 + 1xusb-rs485- bk bmsscreenshot-20221117-095248-chrome.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese answered ·

Anyone recommend a usb hub I have one 3.0 high speed with switch but one device usb GPS goes on and off

2 |3000