question

mjones avatar image
mjones asked

v498 Firmware update on Multi causes "unsupported firmware version" in VictronConnect

since resent update to v498 on my multiplus

I get this in the settings Unsupported firmware version

The Multi/Quattro is running a firmware

version that is not fully supported by

VictronConnect.

Update VictronConnect to the latest

available version to enable settings.

I have latest VictronConnect install

VictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Did you carry out the firmware update remotely via the VRM?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Mjones,

VictronConnect does not yet include or support v498. It is only available via a manual update from Victron Professional, for use with VE.Configure.

A new version of VictronConnect will be released with updated support for v498 shortly.

2 |3000

mjones avatar image
mjones answered ·

Yes via the vrm

1 comment
2 |3000

gazza avatar image gazza commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I also updated remotely via VRM (Device List > Firmware Update).

There are a couple of gotchas though. Read carefully through each page that is presented to you and check the boxes required.
One of the requirements is to disconnect all CAN bus BMS cables, there is only really one on my Multiplus since the other CAN socket has the terminator in), before hitting the "Update" button.
Also, you need to do it from a PC that has the VE Bus System Configurator installed as well as VE Configure 3 (both in the VE Configuration tools download). The initial part of the remote update process goes through 5 stages which also saves your settings to a *.rvsc file and opens VE Configure 3. However, at this stage you need to check through all the settings including whether the Grid settings are all correct. I initially saved that file (for safety so I new where it was), but I think the "process" does this anyway? Close VE Configure 3.
Now, open VE Bus System Configurator, open the *.rvsc file you have just saved and the program now converts your settings file to the new firmware compatibility and saves it as *_merged.rvms That is the file that you can now Upload via the VRM (Device List > Remote VE Configure).
This completes the firmware upgrade and hopefully restores all your original settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
mjones avatar image
mjones answered ·

Thank you guy

I will wait for update

2 |3000

rmgalley avatar image
rmgalley answered ·

Thanks Guy,

I experienced the same problem. I updated my MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-32 firmware to v498 from v496 on 16 October. I also updated to the, then, latest version of VictronConnect (v5.75). The problem of 'unsupported firmware version' remained. I'd performed the firmware update by checking Device List > Firmware Update in VRM.

Investigating further, I fired up an older EasySolar containing within a Multiplus Compact 24/1600/40-16 and updated to the latest firmware (also v498). I had the same problem.

I tried completely uninstalling VictronConnect and reinstalling. Since then I've spent quite a few hours investigating the problem to no avail.

It would be really helpful if, where updates are concerned, they all work in step with each other. I'm awaiting the compatible version of VictronConnect.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

I had that problem when setting up my system with 2 MP2 plus in parallel. Had to use ve flash and go back to 497 in order to complete the setup.

2 comments
2 |3000

rhoffman51 avatar image rhoffman51 commented ·

Where can I find the 497 firmware? I'm only seeing 459 and 498 via Victron and the Dropbox? (27 Family Group)

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas rhoffman51 commented ·
I had to do some digging in the archived firmwares I believe it was. But it should be there.
0 Likes 0 ·
rhoffman51 avatar image
rhoffman51 answered ·

Same issue here with Multiplus-II 12/3000 attempting to perform initial installation of system into my RV. Retailer says there's nothing they can do until Victron fixes either VC or firmware. I see where Victron says an update is coming "shortly". Victron, any idea how long before VC will be updated (or the firmware fixed)? Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
If you're having an issue with the initial configuration you can use ve flash and go back to 497 then you should be able to finish
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi All,

A new version of VictronConnect, v5.76, will be released today that is compatible with v498.

If you don't see it yet, it may still under review with the App Stores, but should appear shortly.

We have also added an additional check to prevent this from happening again. Apologies to those inconvenienced.

2 |3000