question

igvan avatar image
igvan asked

Multiplus above LiFePo4

Working with limited space in my camper, and have my system designed with the MP 12/3000 directly above my two 300ah lifepo4 batteries. I know the manual states not to mount directly above batteries, but if I'm correct, that is due to off-gassing with other battery chemistries. Since lifepo4 batteries are fully sealed and do not off-gas, I'm thinking that mounting the inverter above them is totally fine, obviously with precaution to cover battery terminals so nothing is ever accidentally shorted.

How does this sound? Okay to mount above the lifepo4 batteries, or find a different place (which would be extremely difficult at this point)? Anyone from Victron have a say on this?

Thanks all

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Batterycampervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Think about heat as well. Otherwise should work.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

igvan avatar image igvan commented ·
Thanks for the comment @kevgermany

Despite it being a relatively confined area, I have accounted for a few inches of clearance all around the inverter, so I think heat will be managed well. Bottom of inverter will be about 6” above the batteries, so hopefully that is enough air flow to keep everything at a safe temperature. May add a small 12v fan to further help with heat dissipation.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
igvan avatar image
igvan answered ·

Does anyone else have input on this? Thanks in advance.

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

No professional but my initial thoughts were also of heat but if that's covered then I'd agree with @kevgermany

The only other thing to consider which sounds daft but the security of the inverter attachments. Although it would be terrible if the inverter fell even if it wasnt onto batteries but it would be worse if the metal case of the inverter falls onto batteries and shorts them.

Given it's a camper i imagine securing the inverter has been a priority so likely you've already considered but just incase you hadnt.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?