question

rikhf avatar image
rikhf asked

Question regarding AC out 2, relay assistant

Hello, I want to use AC out 2 for the following. There are some Sun GTIL laying around here and I want to use them for discharging to the grid faster during expensive hours (DESS). To accomplish that I set up relay 1 in the Cerbo as a generator start/stop acting on Amps drawn from battery. So if A > 220 A -> close relay. This is working well.

Now the Cerbo relay is connected to that aux1 of the 3 MP's and does this:

relais-instellingen.png

What happens is this: relay on Cerbo closes as expected and so do the AC out 2 relays on the Multi's. BUT, the Multi's immediately stop discharging to grid as soon as the AC out 2 closes. I tested this without anything connected to AC out 2 and also tested by closing aux1 without Cerbo. Same behaviour.

How can I get this done??

AssistantsacoutDESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

AUX 1 is used in the grid code to disable feed in. You have to disable that or use AUX 2(or the temperature input) for the assistant.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rikhf avatar image rikhf commented ·

Ah ok, that should cause this. I'll give it a try on aux2. Thanls for your response Matthias!

0 Likes 0 ·
rikhf avatar image rikhf commented ·

Ok, I've tried this. This is what I found:

2024-07-21.png

This was indeed the culprit. Unchecked the box and everything is working now as I had in mind. Thanks again @Matthias Lange - DE !

0 Likes 0 ·
2024-07-21.png (164.3 KiB)
rikhf avatar image
rikhf answered ·

I've tested a little more. The assistant now says close AC out 2 on aux1 closed after 5 seconds. When I close aux1 relay the strange behaviour starts immediately and not after closing AC out 2. Strange isn't it?

2 |3000

rikhf avatar image
rikhf answered ·

Tested some more. I made a simple assistant saying; if aux1 closes -> close ACout1 after 5 seconds. That works but when aux1 closes the MPII immediately stops discharging to grid and won't resume until aux1 opens again. Nothing connected to ACout2 btw.

I need help with this one. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) or @Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) or other?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Dynamic ESS - manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure Assistants manual