question

joelflorek avatar image
joelflorek asked

Multiplus II worked in my RV for a week and now tripping breakers.

I have a multiplus II. I installed it in my RV with 300 Ah of Battleborn batteries. After install I used the inverter at my home on a 15amp circuit and ran the RV through a weeks worth of charges and discharges successfully. Had it pulling from shore and batteries, just shore, and just batteries. Got multiple deep discharges and recharges to ensure system operating well. By the way, I did adjust the settings of the multiplus to match the recommendations of Battleborn for charging.

After we went on our first trip I plugged into a 30amp circuit, adjusted the input settings to 30amp and I after getting to my next destination it doesn't seem it actually charged. Batteries had just 3% left in them.

Realizing these we plugged in to a 15amp circuit and immediately tripped the breaker. I ran my generator and got a few minutes of charge and then stopped receiving AC in.

Not sure what the problem is on this. Any leads would be greatly appreciated! Let me know what questions you have so I can help assist.

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
edit4ever avatar image
edit4ever answered ·

You likely tripped the 15amp breaker (on the pedestal) if you didn't set the multiplus limit back to 15amp input limit.

What size generator? And - depending on what loads you have turned on - the generator may take a little bit to come up to speed and the multiplus will then try to increase the power draw as it sees that power is available. Also - is the generator coming in on the same AC input as the shore power - through a transfer switch or moving the shore power plug?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joelflorek avatar image joelflorek commented ·

When we got to my parents I set the multiplus limit back to 15 and it tripped. Even tried at 10 and it tripped. We were on GFCI outlets in the garage and all of them tripped.

We just tried plugging into a non GFCI protected outlet and it didnt trip. Shows on the smart shunt that we increased a percent in charge over the last 20min and input current of about 6.5amps. However, in the Victron Connect App I no longer have control to set the input limit. It doesnt even show that leg as active. Shows as Initializing... not sure what that means.screenshot-20210829-172715.png

screenshot-20210829-172713.png

0 Likes 0 ·