question

Mike Daff avatar image
Mike Daff asked

Control mains power supply to Multiplus

Is it possible to use the generator control relay on my Color Control GX to switch a 12 volt controlled relay that has a 240volt switched outlet to control the supply of Mains power to my multiplus in the same way it would control switching a generator on/off?

CCGX Color ControlRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

You can use the AUX-IN on the multiplus to ignore AC using an assistant on the multiplus.
If you trigger the AUX-IN then the multiplus will disconnect from grid.
No need for other components, go straight from GX relay to Multiplus AUX input.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Daff avatar image Mike Daff commented ·
Hi Shane, thank you for your reply. Can you give me some more info on the AUX-IN or point me in the right direction to find it please? Thank you, Mike
0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake Mike Daff commented ·
What Multiplus model do you have?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Daff avatar image Mike Daff shaneyake commented ·

Multiplus 12 | 3000 | 120

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake Mike Daff commented ·

screen-shot-2021-08-27-at-84215-pm.png
Terminals E

screen-shot-2021-08-27-at-84231-pm.png

You new to run a 2 core cable from Aux Input 1 or 2, connect the + and - to your 2 core cable, and then connect that to the COM and NO on the relay.

You will then need to program the assistants using VE.Config

0 Likes 0 ·

So connect to the com & no on the relay of the colour control gx ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Daff avatar image
Mike Daff answered ·

Update!! Unfortunately I do not have the correct firmware to be able to use the Assistants section.... However I found a way to do what I needed!! And if it wasn't for trying the above that Shaneyake suggested I would not have found it. I found the answer in the Virtual Switch Ignore AC lesson which is in the following link: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VEConfigure_Manual/en/virtual-switch.html#UUID-c0ff0eee-3798-1f34-db58-fd697d951f29

2 comments
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Aww, yes, I forgot about Virtual Switch. I can never use it, haha because I am always running ESS. Sorry about that.

Are you still controlling it from the GX?

0 Likes 0 ·

All good mate.. Been thinking about using ESS, but thought I would start at this & go from there.. I dont believe I can control it from the GX though... but will look into to see if it is possible..

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Daff avatar image
Mike Daff answered ·

Thank you!! That is a huge help! Will need to sit down & digest this a bit to get my head around it all!! Appreciate you taking the time to help me

2 |3000

tom-dv avatar image
tom-dv answered ·

Hello, in addition to this question.

Is this also possible with a Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70? I have noticed there is no AUX IN on the compact. Virtual switch is no option because i have an assistent running for the VE.bus BMS. (enable virtual switch wil remove the assitents) So far the only solution i could find is installing a 220V relay before the 'mains AC-in'. Sombody an idea?

I do not have solar.

-Multiplus compact

- Cerbo GX with touch 70

-200Ah victron smart battery with VE.bus BMS

-Digital multi control

-2 x orion 30A

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic