question

louisgombkoto avatar image
louisgombkoto asked

2 Multplus 3000 in parallel w/ CCGX Remote switch On/Off/Charge

Is there any Configuration that I can add a remote switch for on/off/charge only for my two in parallel Multi Plus Inverters with a CCGX?

multiplus in parallelremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

I could be wrong but from my understanding those settings can only be controlled by the switch on the units. Is their a reason you need to do this? allot can be configured while the unit is ON from VRM through the remote terminal.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

louisgombkoto avatar image louisgombkoto commented ·
Thank you for your reply. (Application: live aboard sailing catamaran) The reason is: to conserve power and they are not easily accessible. I power them down quite often. since the 2 are in parallel, I am not able to use the AES mode to conserve power. When on shore power, I switch to charge only so the AC load is shore power not inverter. 90% of time we are on passage or anchor I shut off and on the inverters 3 or 4 times per day. A virtual switch or a conveniently located physical switch would be a great improvement.
0 Likes 0 ·
louisgombkoto avatar image
louisgombkoto answered ·

Multiplus 12 / 3000 120-60
1.67 amp’s each 2 in parallel when on inverter mode no load.
= 80.0 amp/hr per day. = 10% of my usable 1000 lithium amp/hr house battery bank. With these inverters are off when not needed, my 1280 watt solar can maintain my usage.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Louisgombkoto

It can be switched via the CCGX screen..

1629899499161.pngOr if you have a compatible MFD on the bridge, via the MFD App.. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-app.html

I'm not sure why you switch to charger only when on shore power. When fully ON it will passthrough shore power to loads, and charge with any remaining shore up to the limit you've set on shore. Multis cannot invert and charge at the same time, so you can't deplete your batts unless loads exceed the shore limit.

1629899499161.png (35.1 KiB)
2 |3000