question

Johnson Lee avatar image
Johnson Lee asked

What happens if one unit fails in a 2 x MultiPlus in parallel system?

Customer is planning a single phase install of 2 x MultiPlus in parallel as Master and Slave configuration.

What happens if the Master fails - will the slave take over or will the slave stop working as the master is inoperational?

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @Johnson Lee

The system will shut down and report a missing unit. All units are required in a parallel or multiphase system.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you take the Online Training courses in Victron Professional before going any further with your customer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Johnson Lee avatar image
Johnson Lee answered ยท

Thanks Guy! I've setup plenty of MultiPlus's in parallel and had never come across any that has failed hence the question.

Also got the answer here too: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

/feelingstoopid

1 comment
2 |3000

Itโ€™s a common question, and I understand it would be nice too if it worked that way.

Also nice to hear that with many installations, no failures, that is ever better of course.

If you think you have the experience, you can skip through the 2 parallel online training courses (theory and installation) and try to take the exams. There are direct links to the parts of the training to refresh if you get any answers wrong.

0 Likes 0 ยท