question

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 Suspended asked

VRM instance number duplicated??

As I have slowly added new units to my Venus GX for some reason the device instance number is duplicated in the VRM device list... I have two [261]'s

vrm-device-instances.jpg

Is there any way to change the VRM number for my VE Bus System (2x Multi II 48-5000-70 in parallel) perhaps to [250] so my mppt controllers remain [260] & [261] respectively?

Here is my Venus GX setup

venus-gx-quinta-proterra-config.jpg

Any help much appreciated...

PS I tried deleting the whole installation but all that did was delete all the data stored in the VRM. When I rebooted the Venus GX all the devices came back with the exact same numbers including the duplicate [261]

VRMVenus GX - VGX
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @rithym1964,

I will see what I can find out. One thing I noticed though is you have the MK3-USB adapter drawn in as connected? I am not sure why, and probably unrelated but I would suggest removing that unless you need to use it (to change a setting or something).

0 Likes 0 ·
rithym1964 avatar image rithym1964 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I have a cheap Win 7 laptop connected via USB MK3 to the Venus GX which I can remotely control from my house. This allows me to manually switch on the Multi II chargers when the grid takes over the supply 22.00 - 08.00 hrs (cheap rate). Far cheaper to charge from grid than run petrol generator, last Winter this happend couple times only. That is why I keep the MK3 permanently connected saves me going out in the cold & dark.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @rithym1964,

This is not a problem, instances are unique within each device type, but can be the same across different device types without any issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image rithym1964 commented ·

Thanks for the reply Guy. I have not noticed a 'clash' with the two units sharing the same VRM instance ie each units firmware updates okay and all the information displayed on the VRM & Remote Console seems fine. I was only concerned of possible issues in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·