question

Lyndon Lewis avatar image
Lyndon Lewis asked

Lithium firmware update to v1.25 voltage not sending to bmv

We have 2 X 160ah victron lifePO4 batteries, we recently updated their firmware and now they are showing their voltage as 13.18 but the bmv and the ccgx display are showing as 14.2 and the multiplus is "stuck" on absorption charge.

Has anyone had this issue with the recent battery update?

Lithium Batteryfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I am Aware the batteries do not send there voltages to the BMV these are for internal display of there own battery voltages.

ie has the bluetooth smart network been turned on, also when you did the battery fw upgrade it could have been reset to default (ie turned off) so check the there a bluetooth smart network option in there and is this still turned on, if not this could be the error you are looking for. I DO NOT know for sure that you can even bluetooth network the batteries, but thats worth a look. (The BMV would also need to be linked to the Bluetooth smart network)

Also - I would check the voltage of each battery with a quality voltmeter and check this reading as it should be the same as whats showing on your Bluetooth battery status display.

Then check the voltage at the Multiplus's output terminals these should be close to the batteries voltage. if not then you have a cable or connection issue. This will really show up when the multi plus is charging at high amps, also The multiplus units battery voltage sense cables also should be connected to the battery terminals.

then the BMV - well theBMVs reference voltage should be connected to the pos of the batteries and the shunt should be connected very closely to the batteries. anyway to check this with a volt meter put the negative of the volt meter on the shunt and the pos of the volt meter at the voltage sensing pickup point of the BMV the voltage reading should ruffly what the BMV says (bluetooth smart network turned off). also you did not advise the model of the BMV I am presuming its a BMV712,

All the referance voltages should all be very similar in voltage, if they are NOT then I suspect that you have bad high resistance connections or the battery cables are way to small.

Also what battery monitor is selected in the gX unit and is dvcc turned on.

I know this does not answer your question but it may point you in a direction to look at and also this information is also needed to help out more, and also a wiring diagram as well so we can see how everything is connected would be of help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.