question

ibot avatar image
ibot asked

Fast blinking charger led on multiplus compact 12/2000 after failed firmware upgrade

I am in the process of setting up a system with a multiplus compact 12/200.

After connecting the multi with a mk3-usb and victronconnect on an android phone i got offered a firmware update for the multiplus (something from ~430 to ~490?).

The upgrade failed (was it error V20?) and the result is a fast blinking yellow charging led.

Before the upgrade i was able to use AC IN and AC OUT, batteries are still not connected.

Nothing else is working. Its no longer recognized in VictronConnect with MK3-USB and also not with a Bluetooth Dongle.

On VEFlash there is a notice to remove AC input on upgrades. Maybe that is a reason for the failed upgrade? Is an upgrade only possible with connected batteries?

What is the meaning of the fast blinking led and how can i fix it?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware updateerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The MultiPlus is not designed to be used without a battery. Without a battery connected the update will fail because the MultiPlus is switches off during the update process.

The only thing you can do now is to connect the battery (disconnect AC IN if you want to prevent that the battery is getting charged) and use VE.flash.

The FW file can be found on Victron professional.

https://professional.victronenergy.com/

(free account needed)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ibot avatar image ibot commented ·

Thanks! After adding batteries i was able todo a firmware update with victronconnect on android with mk3-usb.

Without a battery connected the update will fail because the MultiPlus is switches off during the update process.

Seems like this should also be a warning in the victronconnect app (like in veflash)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ibot commented ·

Ok good to know that it can also work with VictronConnect.

A few weeks ago we also had a customer who tried it like you but he wasn't able to do the update with VictronConnect. So he came to us and I updated the device with VE.flash.

I forwarded this to the developers.

0 Likes 0 ·