question

pretender avatar image
pretender asked

VRM software ververst niet "16 hours ago" or more

screenshot-20210817-092933-samsung-internet.jpg
Hello,
I have been using the Monitor VRM software for about a year now and I am very satisfied with it. The only problem I experience here is that the automatic updates often don't work properly. See screenshot below. The photo shows the latest update "16 hours ago". If I want to correct this, I remove the power supply from the GX color display and connect it again (reset). Then the vrm monitor works again for some time. This can be a day to a few days and then the automatic update stops again. What could be the cause of this problem? Hopefully you can help me.

Best regards,

Henk van Roon
Hallo,
Ik gebruik nu een ongeveer jaar de software Monitor VRM en ben hier super tevreden mee. Het probleem wat ik hier alleen bij ondervind is dat de automatiche updates vaak niet goed werkt. Zie screenshot hieronder. Op de foto staat laatste update "16 hours ago". Wil ik dit corrigeren dan haal ik de voeding van de GX color display en sluit deze weer aan (reset) Daarna werkt de vrm monitor weer enige tijd. Dat kan een dag tot een paar dagen zijn en dan stopt de automatische update weer. Waar kan dit probleem de oorzaak van zijn? Hopelijk kunt u mij helpen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Henk van Roon

Outlook voor Android downloaden
VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·
Some times my boats installation losses its wifi / data connection too.

Other wifi applications stay connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
pretender avatar image
pretender answered ·

My GX color display is directly connected to the router with a cable. So no WiFi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markj avatar image
markj answered ·

Mine often does the same, and I believe it is something to do with weak wifi signals. It always works when I park the van near my home, where there is a good signal, but when I park it in a storage barn I often have these problems, and I know the wifi signal is marginal there.

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Enable the automatic reboot after the connection has been lost for x minutes in the Gx settings for VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
markj avatar image markj nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, thanks, but I've done that and it doesn't make any difference. My suspicion is that it sees a weak signal, enough to make it think there's a connection, but not good enough to actually transfer data.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources