question

maxsteckler avatar image
maxsteckler asked

My 75/10 Charge Controller Stopped Showing Data in the App

Hi - I'm thinking this might end up being something simple, but I can't figure it out. I have 75/10 solar charge controller and a 712 monitor. Both worked fine with my Victron App. Now the main screen for the charge controller only shows the controller summary (version, firmware, etc). I can see the history or current stats. I think this happened when I was trying out the networking features. Any idea how to reset things so I can see the full details in both my monitor screen and solar charging screen? Thanks!

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot here please?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxsteckler avatar image
maxsteckler answered ·

Hi and thanks for responding...

Here are the two screens when I start the view of the Solar Controller and after I hit the 'i' icon. I've also included my monitor overview and setup for any reference. Could you look at my config and let me know if I've got it right for a Battle Born 100ah lithium battery? I switched from a wet battery, but I made the switch after my solar controller stopped showing data. I should mention that I believe the solar charging is working as designed from a power perspective.

Thanks - Max

1629044256359.png

1629044276188.png

1629044291717.png

1629044301573.png

1629044256359.png (192.1 KiB)
1629044276188.png (196.9 KiB)
1629044291717.png (214.0 KiB)
1629044301573.png (236.0 KiB)
2 |3000

maxsteckler avatar image
maxsteckler answered ·

Bump. Any thoughts from the community? @jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

This happens when the bluetooth dongle part can no longer communicate with the internal MPPT part.

What happens when you power cycle the MPPT by disconnecting PV and battery for 10 seconds and reconnect them (battery first)?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 comments
2 |3000

maxsteckler avatar image maxsteckler commented ·
Hi,

I pulled the fuse on the controller, disconnected my battery and put a blanket over the solar panel. I hooked it back up and got the same situation. The firmware is version 2.52. Is that the latest version?

Thanks

Max

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ maxsteckler commented ·

Hi

2.25 is indeed the latest version of internal bluetooth dongle. When you have a VE.Direct - USB cable, you can try to use the cable and VictronConnect on a laptop, mac or phone with USB on the go, to connect to the VE.Direct port and check if the MPPT responds in that case. If that is not the case, there is clearly a hardware failure. When it does respond, you can try to update the internal MPPT part of the SmartSolar. If this does not help, there is probably a hardware failure.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic