question

kevins avatar image
kevins asked

Multiplus Charge current control assistant explanation of use

I am unsure how the charge current control assistant is supposed to work.

Mainly, are you supposed to supply the voltage to the Aux leads?

I set the assistant to 0amp/current if voltage is below 2 volts. And 90 amps if above 3 volts.

So do I supply the less than 2 volts and more than 3 volts?

When I put the volt meter on the leads from Aux 1 it shows 4 volts. Is that expected behavior?

Thanks

Kevin

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kevins

Maybe an explanation of what you are trying to achieve may help here.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:overview_of_available_assistants#charge_current_control

I have used the charge current control on the quattros so that the generator on ac2 is not killed by the high charge current set in the grid tab which would be fine with grid on ac1 charging.

The aux relay uses/outputs a few volts when active.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevins avatar image
kevins answered ·

I want to stop charging the battery based on an external event.

2 |3000

kevins avatar image
kevins answered ·

That event could be a change in voltage or a continuity change

2 |3000

kevins avatar image
kevins answered ·

It would seem the charge current control would do it. That is if the user is to supply the voltage to the leads. Can someone verify this? Not sure how else this assistant would work. Yes, I read the link for the assistant and the documentation is inconclusive as I read it.

2 |3000

kevins avatar image
kevins answered ·

Has anyone ever used this assistant?

2 |3000