question

abegweit avatar image
abegweit asked

Multiplus charging following BMS low cell voltage with CCGX powered by BMS load disconnect pin

Hi I'm using a 3kVA Multiplus with an inverter generator attached to AC input, smart lithium batteries, BMS, MPPT 100/50 and the BMV712. I would like to tie everything into the CCGX.

The CCGX manual suggests powering the CCGX from the load disconnect pin of the BMS.

Assuming I do that, and the BMS senses a low cell voltage, the CCGX will be disabled and the inverter will be disabled.

From the CCGX manual I understand the deadlock that can arise in this case

My question is, when low cell voltage is triggered by the BMS with a CCGX connected to the Multiplus over VE.Bus, if AC is applied to the AC input of the multiplus, will the VE.Bus AC detection module connected to the Multiplus enable the Multiplus to charge the batteries?

This is the section in the manual I am referring to:

When the CCGX is used in an installation with a VE.Bus BMS, connect the Power in V+ on the CCGX to the terminal labelled 'Load disconnect' on the VE.Bus BMS. Connect both negative leads to the negative stub of a common Battery.

A Cautionary word about Powering from the AC-out terminal of a VE.Bus Inverter, Multi or Quattro:

If you power the CCGX from an AC adaptor connected to the AC-out port of any VE.Bus product (Inverter, Multi or Quattro), then a deadlock will occur after the VE.Bus products are powered-down for any reason (after any operational fault or during a black start). The VE.Bus devices will not boot-up until the CCGX has power ...but the CCGX will not boot-up until it has power. This deadlock can be rectified by briefly unplugging the CCGX VE.Bus cable at which point you will observe the VE.Bus products will immediately begin to boot-up.

Thank you

CCGX Color Controlmultiplus ve.busve.bus bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page