question

niccolaiddis avatar image
niccolaiddis asked

Quattro 48/3000 and BYD LVL 15.4. Are they compatible?

Hello everybody,

I have two Quattros 48/3000 connected in parallel, single phase.

In the Victron Compatibility page it says the following: "All 48V Multis, MultiPlusses, MultiGrids and Quattros are compatible".

...but then there's this table:

schermata-2021-08-07-alle-125724-pm.png

As you can see, the Quattro 48/3000 is not mentioned.

It's the same inside the document "Minimum Configuration List" made available by BYD, see below:

schermata-2021-08-07-alle-125847-pm.png

...am I missing something? Is the 48/3000 compatible with the BYD LVL 15.4?

Thank you for your help

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-OneBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@niccolaiddis

Possibly just a small oversight in the table.

It would have same requirements as a 48/3000 Multiplus.

I don't see why it would not be compatible. It would make no sense that it is the only 48V on that cannot be used.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

niccolaiddis answered ·

@Alexandra

I thought the same, but then I found the table from BYD, that's what made me think that maybe there's a problem I didn't realize?

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@niccolaiddis

I will chat to a few people and double check. I have not personally used the BYD LVL 15.4.

0 Likes 0 ·
niccolaiddis avatar image niccolaiddis Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
niccolaiddis answered ·

@Alexandra

A couple of days ago I contacted BYD asking the same question, and they just replied with the following:

"The LVL is a product we sell predominantly outside the America's as it is not UL. As a result the compatibility list current only lists the non-UL/ROW products from our inverter partners. It is believed that the LVL is compatible with the 48/3000 as the compatibility is with the Venus device, but we need Victron to confirm. We should have an answer shortly."

2 |3000