question

danny007 avatar image
danny007 asked

CYRIX-CT Battery Coupler - Charge Engine battery from Leisure batteries ?

Hi All,

I have two leisure batteries in my Camper Van which will are charged by the Solar MPPT Controller (and the Alternator when the engine is running). The Engine battery is not connected to the MPPT Controller, and can go flat if, unused during the winter.

What I want to ensure is - that the CYRIX-CT Battery Coupler can charge the Engine battery (from the Leisure Batteries) when the engine is switched off. Can the Cyrix do this ?

Many Thanks !

battery chargingCyrix Battery Combinerstarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The datasheet and manual state that it is bidirectional so it will allow charging from the MPPT on the leisure battery to the engine battery. You say that the alternator charges the leisure battery and I assume that it also charges the engine battery. Therefore you must already have some thing like a split charge relay or diodes unless you have dual alternators. The Cyrix-CT should be able to replace any existing split charge device because as said it is bidirectional.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danny007 avatar image
danny007 answered ·

Does anyone know the Answer please ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner