question

kloana avatar image
kloana asked

Fronius Battery change to Murata Fortelion + Victron Energy Multiplus II GX

Hi,

currently i own a Fronius Solar Battery 12. Yes i know the Fronius Battery is in a different voltage range than the Victron. But just take a few considerations:

1.) The Fornius Battery consists of 8 time Sony IJ1001M (Battery Module) and 1 time Sony IJ5001C. All battery modules are connected in serial configuration to reach the voltage as used by the Fronius Symo Hybrid.

2.) The Murata Sony Fortelion System is using nearly the same. Up to 16 times Sony IJ1001M in parallel connection and one Sony IJ1002C or IJ1004C. And with this configuration the Sony system is in the range of Victron and is already for sell from a specific dealer in germany.

So my plan is to change the BMS from IJ5001C (Fronis-Sony BMS) to IJ1004C (Murata-Sony BMS) and reconnect all currently installed IJ1001M to the correct configuration as for the Murata-Sony BMS. Connect these batterysystem to 3 times Multiplus II one Multiplus with GX and connect the Multiplus GX with CAN to the CAN of the Murata Sony BMS. Also the Fornius Symo Hybrid will be reconifugred to MG50 setting an connected directly to the AC-Load side of all three Multiplus II inverters.

From my point of view this setup should work, but is there a pinout for the correct connection between the GX CAn RJ45 connecter and the DB9 Sony CAN connecter. Yes i know the pinout of the GX but has anyone the correct pinout for the Sony side? And is the Sony battery now officially supported by Victron? No it's not on the battery list, but there is a new Venus OS Version where the Murata Sony BMS is mentioned in the relase notes?

Thanks in advance,

br

Herbert

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers