question

Jerry L Johnson avatar image
Jerry L Johnson asked

RESOLVED :Smartshunt and smart solar Bluetooth beta firmware 2.33 fails to install.

6a92f710-2823-4bc5-9ec6-33428f0980be.pngA new beta came out today that includes smartshunt 2.33. It failed during the upgrade. I now cannot connect. I get the message to install the firmware. Tried the officially released version and it fails also. the smartshunt is connected to my color control and appears to be reporting fine. I just can’t connect to it via Bluetooth without getting the message to upgrade the firmware.

Anyone know where I can obtain the Bluetooth firmware file? I logged into the Pro section but it doesn’t have any Bluetooth files.

Resolved: I placed my device within 3 inches of the mppt and then the SmartShunt. The Bluetooth firmware updated successfully. Prior attempts were about 3 feet away. Go figure.

MPPT ControllersSmartShuntfirmware updateBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Scott Bull avatar image
Scott Bull answered ·

I had the same issue with the iOS beta. The update continued to fail after reinstalling the app, removing the Bluetooth device and disconnecting / reconnecting the BMV.

I downloaded the MacOS beta and tried the update here. It worked! Now the iOS app can connect as normal.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jerry L Johnson avatar image Jerry L Johnson commented ·
Thank you. Bummer, I don’t have access to a Mac
0 Likes 0 ·
hape1 avatar image hape1 Jerry L Johnson commented ·

Try it with an android phone, helped me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Bull avatar image Scott Bull Jerry L Johnson commented ·

As hape1 mentioned, it's available on Android, but also several other platforms including Windows. Take a look here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Try doing the update here on the vrm you could also manually download the firmware and use this to install that version. Dont know if this will fix the issue but it will do away with the bluetooth part of the update

1627805956541.png

1627805956541.png (31.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Jerry L Johnson avatar image
Jerry L Johnson answered ·

Resolved: I placed my device within 3 inches of the mppt and then the SmartShunt. The Bluetooth firmware updated successfully. Prior attempts were about 3 feet away. Go figure.

2 |3000

stephen-elves avatar image
stephen-elves answered ·

Getting the same error with a SmartSolar 250/100.

Tried bring the iOS device closer (1 inch!), no good.

Tried OSX version, no good.

Updating the Bluetooth Firmware not offered as an option in VRM, so, no good.

Guess we can at least definitively say that v 2.33 Bluetooth update (or at least the update process!) is FUBAR.

2 |3000

Related Resources