question

cory-gould avatar image
cory-gould asked

Looking for Smartshunt configuration advice

Hello everyone, I’m looking for some guidance on how best to configure my smartshunt. It has been physically installed correctly will all sources funnelling through it prior to the battery bank that is made up of two Lithium’s for a total of 540ah.

The problem I’m having is; the batteries are current at 85%, I know this through the BMS however the shunt is reporting 100%. Here are my settings, sure wish there was a way to post a screenshot

Battery capacity: 540 ah

Charge voltage: 13.4

Discharge floor: 10%
Tail current: 4%
Charged detection time: 3m

Peukert component: 1.05

Charge efficiency factor: 99%
Current threshold: 0.10 a

Time-to-go average period: 3m

Battery start synchronized is on

I’ll wait until the charger goes to float and the batteries are known to be 100% then I’ll manually synchronize. I’d hate to have to do this every time though.

Appreciate any assistance.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

When the Smartshunt is first installed, it obviously has no idea at all how much energy is in the battery so it assumes 100%.
So when you are 100% that a full charge has been attained, then you can perform a manual synchronisation to inform it that the battery is indeed 100% full. Then it will start counting energy out of the battery and report SOC.

Your setting seem good to me. See how you get on and make minor tweaks if necessary.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.