question

durval avatar image
durval asked

Victron Multiplus Compact best setup in a motorhome?

Hello everyone,

I'm installing a Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80-30 230V in my motorhome, and would like to validate my planned setup with y'all.

The Multiplus is connected to a bank of 3 parallel LiFePO4 12V 100Ah batteries, thru a 300A megafuse on the positive cable and a BMV712 shunt on the negative cable, and as soon as I finish upgrading its firmware and configuring it, will be connected "in between" my motorhome's external AC cable -- the plan is to cut the cable at the point it comes in from the street, and the part coming in will be connected to the Multiplus "AC IN", and the part going into the motorhome will be connected to the Multiplus "AC OUT".

The idea is to be able to use the Multiplus charging and automatic transfer switching capabilities).

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

-- Durval.

setupmultiplus compact
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jw1971 avatar image jw1971 commented ·
This works well. Consider putting the MPC close to the power center in the RV if you can. It is usually a convenient location as the AC in from the shore power connection runs to it, as well as connections to the house batteries.
  • Remove the AC to DC supply/charger that comes installed as the MPC will also take that over.
  • Run the shore power input that goes into the power center into AC-IN instead, and from AC1-Out to the power center input.
  • For the connections to the house batteries you will likely need to swap out wire to get the right amperage capacity for the MPC.

Not sure if the MPC supports PowerAssist but if it does ensure you check the AC-Out wire gauge and power center breaker size to take full advantage of it. On a MP 3000 this means 50A main breaker and 6 gauge wire opposed to 10 gauge for 30A.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That is pretty much the easiest/simplest setup for a Multi just go for it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

The MP ACIN should be connected to the motorhome's existing consumer unit (which should be properly and safely hooked up the shore power) using a suitable circuit breaker allowing it to be isolated. Exercise extreme caution and maybe consult with the Victron dealer who sold you the product or a professional installer. The MP is bi-directional and can push power back to shore under the right circumstances.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic