question

rikesh avatar image
rikesh asked

Protocol from Battery to CCGX gateway

Hi, Can someone point me to where I can get full protocol that connect battery to gateway (CERBOGX).

I had a look on website but this protocol is incomplete.

I need complete protocol

cerbo gxcommunication protocolprotocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The D-Bus service protocol is available on the Venus pages, but is not quite complete. If you want the full CAN bus protocol, then this is a standard that normally has to be purchase, but there are some part implementations available. Which level are you after?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ronald Rink avatar image
Ronald Rink answered ·

@Mike Dorsett I take the liberty to follow up on your response with a question to verify if I correctly understood your answer: do you imply or state that the Victron Lithium Smart Lithium batteries use a CAN bus protocol via the "DIN like" 3-wire cable to communicate (e.g. with a Lynx BMS)? If yes, do you know where I could find additional information on that? thanks in advance for your help!

2 |3000

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Most manufacturers use can bus for output data from the BMS. Whilst I suspect that Victron will also use this physical layer, I'm not certain of this - you did not mention the exact battery type in your initial question.

All manufactures seem to regard their protocols as private, but there has been some information published. Some on this forum, some other links point to git hub.

Sorry I cant be more precise on this -

2 |3000

Ronald Rink avatar image
Ronald Rink answered ·

Hi @Mike Dorsett , thank you for your time and thoughts on this. So, I will dig further into it and see if I can find more information elsewhere.

2 |3000

Related Resources