question

chris123 avatar image
chris123 asked

BMS 12/200 'Output on LED' won't turn green

7564-bms12200shunt.png

Hello everybody,

I am a bit of a beginner in all of this electric wiring, so forgive me if I dont use the right terms etc.

I recentlly got myself a 90Ah Victron Life4po Battery, the victron BMS 12/200, bmv 712 and a 100 watt solar panel with mppt 75/15 module.

I did all the wiring as shown in the graphic. The setup is used in an old mercedes 307D van and I wanted to use it seperately from the starter battery and alternator. I was a bit worried that my alternator could be to weak (it only delivers 55A) to permantly charge the lithium battery and I am only using the van in summer when sunlight is not an issue for charging.

So I connected the mppt minus to the Load Minus of the BMS and the mppt plus cable to the plus of the battery. The bms charge led is green with this setting and the bmv shows some Ah which have been generated by the solar system.

So far so good, but once I connect electrical consumers there seems to be an issue. For instance I connected a 12V USB charging station, the plus cable to the plus of the battery and minus to the LB Load minus. Now, my phone will charge but the current seems to switch on and of all the time. The "Output on LED" of the BMS is not green ( dont know if thats the issue) and in the bmv it is not shown that current is drawn from the battery.

As a Newbie to electrics I am unsure what else I could check or how to trace the error. I also tried to connect a compressor fridge likewise. The display will turn on but the compressor doesn t start.

I would really apreciate any hint on what to do in order to find a solution.

Chris

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers