question

victronuser16 avatar image
victronuser16 asked

Smartsolar charge controller not connecting to bluetooth

Mppt 100 15 charge controller will no longer connect to any devices. I was using this perfectly fine up until a couple of months ago when all of a sudden it stopped reading. I have tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting and even tried multiple devices but nothing works. Is there a way to manually setup in victonconnect app so I can at least see my controller? Not sure what else to do but I am getting frustrated haha....

Bluetoothcharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jesse avatar image
Jesse answered ·

I don't think there's any way to reset them other than disconnecting all power and solar wires for a minute and then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work the bluetooth module is presumably dead. Does it even show up in your phones list of available bluetooth devices?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victronuser16 avatar image
victronuser16 answered ·

Thank you. No it does not show up on any device

2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello @Victronuser16 , did you try to remove PV and Battery power from the MPPT.... wait 30 seconds and then connect all back again..

If this still is not working, then a VE.direct - USB cable should do the trick. If you have an Android device you can connect with this cable to your MPPT and hopefully see what is going on.

Regards, Rob

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic