question

monoceros avatar image
monoceros asked

MPPT loses Bluetooth when connected to Cerbo via CAN

Connection to my 150/85 CAN MPPT controllers has always been flawless until I installed my new Cerbo yesterday. Does CAN connection to the Cerbo prevent Bluetooth connectivity? The Victron remote console shows solar charging correctly.

The Victron connect app shows one controller in grey and indicates it's already connected to another device. It's not. The other controller looks normal, but connection stalls at 20%.

I have shut down and restarted the Victron connect app. I have restarted my phone. I have un-paired and attempted to re-pair the controllers. The controllers will not re-pair.

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxBluetoothcharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Monoceros,

A CAN connection should not block the Bluetooth connection. Can you please disconnect the MPPTs from the CAN bus to and check if the Bluetooth connectivity returns?

If they stay unconnectable, can you please try to connect to the MPPT where the connection stalls at 20% and create a service report in VictronConnect and post it here?

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.